Just a place where I can rant if I need to. Praise if I can. List my hopes and dreams if I have any. Be silly if I decide to. And if you don't like it...YOU CAN "KISS MY GRITS"!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

You say it's your birthday (dun duh duh duh dun) it's my birthday too!

Ok well, birthday was yesterday...so I'm posting about it today. It was a great birthday! Went to lunch with the girls from work (though I know some of my readers believe my lunch choice was lame...I loved it!) to Panera, then for some Gellato. Which this Gellato place was owned by this older kinda creepy man. You know the kind, talks too much and asks too many questions, he thinks he's funny, but he's not. Anywhoinwhoville, this place had the most beautiful Gellato of "over 100 flavors, made here daily and at least 28 flavors are featured each day". And they had 4 flat screen TVs, 2 of them were the menus, the other 2 were for...well, I don't know, maybe the invisible people sitting at the 3 tables in this teeny place. We were the only people in there, so I tried to pull some Breezy charm and said "so what's your birthday special?" He said he didn't have one but he'd think about starting one. DANG! That was not the return rate I expected! Perhaps had I done the "bend and snap" it would have proved more successful. The Gellato was good and still free since one of the girls paid for me...how sweet.
Throughout the day I got many emails, text messages, and phone calls. I even got a birthday poem! It sure is awesome that I have so many people that love me...seriously. I mean, people love me...went out of their way to call/email/send card/message...some people even contacted me in more than one way. I love you!
Then (enough of that sappiness) I came home where my sweet sweet hubby had baked me a cake. Ok y'all...he doesn't cook let alone bake. Not to mention he hates all desserts! He even went out of his way to see how he could make the cake low fat (used egg beaters and applesauce in lieu of real eggs and oil) LOVE HIM! He had a card for me, with some poetic words (he doesn't always do cards...) AND he went to pick up Moe's for me. I know I know, not a 4 star restaurant, but it was what I wanted! Plus, we got mine for free! I won't tell you how, let's just say we got it legit...no theifery ensued, but I can't be givin' away all me secrets! We spent a lazy evening cuddled on the couch watching a movie "Amazing Grace"...good movie. He even laid off the studying for one night, just for me!
So, I love my friends and my hubby...here's to a fabulous 29!

PS-We got the detailed results for "the boys" today...and guess what, J is on the upper end of normal in every area... THE UPPER END...again, Fertell-KISS MY GRITS!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Did you at least have the birthday nachos rather than the birthday taco salad? You gotta splurge on your 29th! :)

ps - tell pfuzzyhead i said hey!

Breezy said...

I had a burrito, chica!

Breezy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RZ said...

"That was not the return rate I expected! Perhaps had I done the 'bend and snap' it would have proved more successful."

Holy crap, I just spit out my ice water reading that!

I approve of your b-day meal choices. I'm basically obsessed with Panera—love the vegetarian soups!

CindyLooHoo said...

OK...so you know I am connected pretty high now with Moe's. I have to report that the Mondays do not apply to those with a 2-digit age. HAHAHA!!!!
Love you!!!

Glad you had such a great day, and hopefully you are making the birthday celebration last all week.
BTW- You know I would have gone straight ghetto on that Gellato Scrooge!!!

15 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breezy said...

With regards to the free Moe's I will have you know, that I did not know about this Monday special...it was what I really wanted. Truly.