Just a place where I can rant if I need to. Praise if I can. List my hopes and dreams if I have any. Be silly if I decide to. And if you don't like it...YOU CAN "KISS MY GRITS"!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things!

While taking a bathroom break in Target yesterday (one of many these days...fortunately not usually at Target, I prefer my own clean potty) I heard one of the cutest things.
3 year old boy- Mommy! There are two of my favorite things in here!
The mommy- What are they?
3 year old boy- A potty...and...a sprinkley water spout! (aka faucet)

I missed the mom's reply, but I can tell you that I would have picked him up and squeezed him!! (except I don't know him and I was in mid pee at the time).
How cute is that?!
Hooray for little boys!!
If only we got excited about the little things...

PS(to answer my last post, "Kiss my grits" is what Flo used to say on a show called Alice. Apparently I used to say it a lot as a kid. One time was unexpectedly caught on camera while my dad was filming my mom read "3 Billy Goats Gruff" to me (my favorite story as a child and the first book I learned to "read"-technically I just memorized it word for word...but that was a start.) and my mom got to the part where it tells what the troll under the bridge says. It says this repeatedly in the book and I always said it right on cue. This time, however, possibly for the camera:
mom- "And the troll said"...what did the troll say Breezy
me- KISS MY GRITS!!
laughter erupts...
Gosh I hope my kid is funny!

3 comments:

RZ said...

"Sprinkly water spout" might be my new favorite phrase, hee hee!

And there's no way your kid could not be funny! Can't wait to hear the stuff that comes out of his mouth in a few years. :)

Stacy said...

I too love the "3 Billy Goats Gruff" - one of my all time kid faves!

CindyLooHoo said...

Yay!!! I was right! I was obsessed with that show, and pretty much annoyed everyone around me when I was younger b/c I too thought that was the answer to many questions!!!
I don't remember that book...hmm...my fave was the Golden Book, the Pokey Little Puppy. Loved that little guy! I even kept it around after all these years!