Just a place where I can rant if I need to. Praise if I can. List my hopes and dreams if I have any. Be silly if I decide to. And if you don't like it...YOU CAN "KISS MY GRITS"!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Four Score and 3 Years Ago...

Ok, so it wasn't Four Score, but it was 3 years ago that I married my hubby =) We celebrated 3 wonderful years yesterday. For as much as he can be "a guy" and get on my nerves...he's the most thoughtful, loving, caring, funny, witty, smart, special man that I know. I don't often talk about him or how great he is...well every so often I do have to tell him these things because as he likes to tell me "I need praise sometimes"...I don't brag about him as much as I could, or should. He really is the perfect one. No, not perfect person, who is?, but he's the perfect one for me.
When I think back about that wedding day the thing I remember most is walking towards him and knowing it was for always. We both come from divorce. In fact I've been through 4 marriages (other than mine) and he's been through 2 (other than ours). How do we know how to do this? I don't know if we know how it's supposed to be done, but we know what's working for us and that we'll always have to work at it.
When we began as a couple I thought I'd always love him more...he teases me that he loves me more and to a certain degree he is right. Oddly enough, he loves me better. I am spoiled. I love him more than he can imagine, but I must admit he's better at showing it than me (now I'm sure if you asked him, he'd say I was better at it). And, I like it that way. I think it's good for us to "compete" to show the other person how much we love the other. Can't hurt to compete over that right?
Yesterday he showed me just that again. Not that I needed a gift, but my gift for my 3rd anniversary was a day at the spa. I get a massage and a pedi. "The 3rd year" he said, "is leather and I couldn't find you anything leather. So I thought I'll 'let-her' have what she wants." He still wants to be my knight in shining armor. How thoughtful. What did I get him? Well, I got something for the baby...toys. Josh loves lions and I went and bought several lion baby toys. He thought it was great, but I think we know my gift from him was better. I started to cry and say "we shouldn't spend the money for me to have a spa day" and he said "well, that's for the baby too, you're carrying the baby..." I tell ya what, he has become so sweet about this whole baby thing. Not that I thought he wouldn't, but it's just soo special to see. I asked him the other day if it bugged him that everyone always wanted to talk about the baby and a lot of that attention was on me. His reply "No way, this baby is the most important thing in my life right now."
He still thinks I look sexy and beautiful despite the bloat and weight gain and gas etc. He packs my lunch and writes me notes about the wonderful mommy I'll be. He lays his hand on my belly and prays for the baby. He reassures me when I'm obsessing over fears. He buys me organic milk because that's better for the baby. Once the baby is born he wants me to start drinking a glass of red wine a day because he heard it can add 10 years to your life and he wants to keep me around as long as possible. He cleans the kitchen every morning and vacuums the stairs because I shouldn't strain myself. He gets me drinks or a snack in the middle of the night if I need one. He can't wait for me to have a craving so bad I have to have something random in the middle of the night so he can go get it. He listens to my complaints and rants even when he doesn't want to...and at the end of each and everyday he loves me.
He is wonderful and I can only hope that our son will be just like him and that our daughter will find a man for herself that is just like daddy. How truly blessed I am in these three short years and how blessed the rest of my life will be because of him. He says I changed him, saved him, made him better...all I know is that I knew all along this is what it could be like. Thank God I was right.
I love you honey! My K.I.S.A forever! (Knight In Shining Armor)

5 comments:

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

OMG, I am soo crying right now.... literally tears just rolling down my face as I go to bed. That was the sweetest, thoughtful, and so true writing of ones feelings for another. Felt like I was sort of reading a love/dove romance novel. The tears started at the laying his head on your belly. I love Josh and he is the perfect man for my best friend. I love you both. Happy Anniversary- dibs on baby next year! Well, anytime really.

Stacy said...

Aw, my Joshie has me crying! I am messing up my make-up...argh!

So sweet! Darn you cutie-pies!

CindyLooHoo said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
JOSH!!!!!!!!!

*marissa* said...

awwwww, josh!!!!!!!! what a knight!